Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans

What are some good ideas for recycling the Folger's and Maxwell House plastic coffee cans/jugs? I use mine to keep compost in before taking out to the compost bin, but are there any other ideas?

By Kim

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

They make nice storage containers in the kitchen. On the Folger's website you can print decorative labels to cover up the advertising and make the container appropriate for Christmas or other holidays. http://www.folg  n-decorator.aspx

I use one for my coins. Once it is full, I cash it in. The last time I did this I had over $700. Mind you, Candians have loonies and twoonies so it adds up fast. Another is cut and used for a scooper in my bird feed container.

I use them to store dry beans, rice, condensed all my flavor tea packets into one neat tub. I did go to Folger's website and print out those labels. The kitchen ideas are endless, at least for me.

My ex MIL used to cover her recycled coffee cans and oatmeal tubes with holiday wrap to store (and send) holiday treats in them.

This is my mothers idea: cover the can with contact paper (the sticky kind) and decorate it how you want, and then use it in the bathroom to contain a roll of toilet paper. Place next to the toilet. I also suggest using fabric covering. You could also use it to contain sewing notions, craft supplies.

I use mine for so many things like crafts, storing food, etc. But I think a great idea is also for left over paint. It's a good seal and I esp' like the ones with the real handles. Hope that helps.

We keep ours by the side door with snow-melt in it in the Wintertime.

Love these cans. I keep one in my 'recycling center'. I cut a large X in the top with an Xacto knife. When batteries go dead, I slip them thru the X into this container. When the container is full, it goes to the recycle center. I switch out the tops so the new empty one has the x already cut in it. My husband uses lots of these in his garage for nails, hardware, and all that other stuff that piles up. SO handy.

Our golden retriever loves to play catch only the ball gets so "slobbery". My grand daughter taught him to drop the ball in the can! Then she doesn't have to touch the slobber and can easily throw the ball for him holding the handle. Works great!

I also use it to hold yarn balls for knitting. I cut a round hole in the top for the yarn to come through. It works perfectly. And, my big dog isn't tempted to chase the yarn!

In the winter, I keep a large Folger can full of inexpensive cat litter, and keep it in my car. Cat litter is great to put under your wheels, if your stuck on ice.

Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans, A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 15, 2011
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Last Minute Easter Egg Basket for Kids
Making a Plastic Coffee Can Easter Basket
Declutter with Coffee Cans
Organizing With Plastic Coffee Containers
Coffee Can as Pencil Holder
Recycled Coffee Can Crafts
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 7:19:29 PM on 10.0.2.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.