Medic Alarm Service Reviews

Does anyone have recommendations for any of the medicalert services? One had the "fallen and I can't get up" lady on their commercial. I need to get one for my elderly mother who is now living alone. I heard Lifeline brand was good. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Lynn from Chico, CA

They work good the only problem is having your mother leave it on...My mother had one and she kept taking it off and putting it on the dresser..She hated sleeping with it...The day she fell on the floor she had it laying on the dresser and we found her several hours later...After that she still didn't wear it...Also if they are hard of hearing they cannot hear when the people talk to them...my mother kept activating it and the ambalance would come out and she kept getting charged for that...she couldn't hear the person on the speaker ask her if she was ok....They have to have their minds good so they can answer.....good luck.......

I am using LifeAlert for my 91-year old mom. It's the one Everett Coop, former Surgeon General for the US, advertises. They seem really attentive and call her on the special intercom whenever she pushes the button by accident! She feels more secure and it's worth the cost.

Call your local hospital. We got our mother's from there and because she was low income, the state paid for it. Also call the State Agency for Aging. ask your Senior Citizen Center Director for alternatives she may know of.

Radio Shack sells one. It's about $100 in GA. It's kinda large and she wears it around her neck. When the button is pressed, it keeps calling 4 phone numbers until someone picks up. She hasn't had to use it yet, thank goodness, but I feel better about her wearing it. I have it programmed to my landline phone and also my cell phone.

I have one for my Father in Law. The company is Connect america and the web address is http://www.MedicalAlarm.com - The system is free and I only pay $29.95 per Month with no long term contract. I shopped around and this was the best deal by far.

Best of luck,

Bill

We are in Florida and Mom had one set up through Senior friendship" It was from ADP, the state paid as she is low income. She always kept it on the handle of her walker. It was set up that if she rang it. The company would call her on the phone. If she didn't answer they would call me and my sister. If we didn't answer they would send over rescue.

She never used it. She fell 2x and both times crawled her way to the phone and called me. I wanted to smack her for being so stubborn. She didn't want to bother the nice people.

We now, don't have it as she lives with me. 3 falls in less then 8 months, something had to be done.

Good luck and God bless.

Laura

Medical Monitoring USA is the best company that I have ever used. I bought it for my grandmother and it has saved her life 3 times. Best of all, in the event of any emergency, they have always notified friends, families and doctors as well. This is an affordable alternative to assisted living.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 8, 2006
Alarm Clock
Buying an Alarm Clock
Remote Car Alarm
Using a Remote Car Alarm
Medicago lupulina (Black medick)
Getting Rid of Black Medic Weed
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🎄