Finding a Cat Groomer in Northern New Jersey

My cat is half Maine Coon. He has the tons of fur that come with his Maine Coon side. This being said he gets random matted fur on his back and belly and refuses to let me brush him. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good groomer within northern New Jersey to get him a trim and if this is harmful to him?

By Becca from Caldwell, NJ

Absolutely not harmful. I've got a 100% Maine Coon and every spring he gets shaved. I know lots of other Maine Coon owners who do the same for theirs.

I bring my big guy to the vet for this. One, because they offer the service. Two, I trust them. Three, they can sedate him which makes it much less stressful for him. Think about it from his point of view. Really, he doesn't WANT to be wide awake for this and he is probably less likely to be accidentally hurt if he is not struggling with the groomer.

So I suggest you check with your vet first and if they don't offer the service, they probably have a good idea who is good (and not so good) in your location.

Good luck!

Hi, I have only ever had dogs so don't know how to look after a cat but I would say it would be more harmful to let his fur get matted, it would be better to have him trimmed.

He looks very cute with his white bib and paws.

Pets CatsJune 28, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
🎉
🎄