Milk Shower For Hair and Skin

Milk shower for silky and strong hair and soft skin. Take 4 cups of milk to rinse. DO NOT USE WATER FIRST. Use regular shampoo and rinse with MILK to get shampoo out.

Take 2 cups of milk, mix with brown sugar for a scrub and clean body. Rinse with milk. Warm milk as needed and let it cool before using.

Tips: Leave in milk for 5 minutes in hair and massage hair good for the milk vitamins to help hair. Goat milk is great too.

Source: Grandma "Mariaelena" As a child, she used this method to shower her hair but with NO SHAMPOO and her hair. As I did it over the years, my hair is STRONG, VERY LONG and shines with no chemicals or effects and natural product.

By Judy from Council Bluffs, IA

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I think this is such a wasteful practice. Milk of any kind is such a beneficial/nutritive food, it seems criminal to throw it down the drain this way. Never mind that most people have to pay $4-5 per gallon today. NOT a thrifty thing to do, in my opinion.

My first thought was, "At $4.00/gallon, I can't even think about pouring milk on my hair!"

However, my second thought is maybe one could buy one of those clear plastic tubs big enough to stand in, but small enough to fit in your bathtub, then recycle the milk for the next hair washing. Then I realized the milk would have shampoo and dirt in it and wouldn't be good to wash your hair in again. I can't think of any way to make it frugal at this point in our economy.

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

You may have just inherited your beautiful hair from your grandmother. How does it not smell bad after a while?

it's just wasting of money. All people is looking for an economical way to stay younger and beautiful, is it right? Sorry to offend you but it's true. We're in crisis you know. It is not a good idea.

First of all, whole milk is 40% fat and under FDA rules, has no more than 200 million pus cells per gallon in every state (except LA, which seems to have 400 million for some reason) Besides containing delicious cow pus, milk also is one of the main causes of ear infections in children.

So, if you're under the impression it's "nutrious", I suggest you do your research since you are, I assume, an economical and intelligent consumer. Milk is an excellent beauty ingredient, just not for consumption. Powered milk is the way to go being fairly inexpensive for a large box. I use it in my bath scrub recipes as well as a mask. I mix the powder with water and apply with a cotton ball.

Also, if you happen to get knocked up or have a lot of kids, WIC gives you at least 4 gallons a month of milk for FREE. Since I obviously don't drink the disgusting stuff, I pour it in my bath water (Cleopatra also did this). So, in conclusion, I say don't drink the crap because it's worthless and use it for beauty if you happen to find yourself stuck with it.

Calcium concerns, I promise, can be taken care of either by good ol' soy milk (has more calcium and protein vs. a gal. of milk) and leafy greens or by supplement, which would be good for you anyway if you're a gal.