Need a Color To Go With Navy Blue and Beige - Categories:

Living RoomDecorating

Need a Color To Go With Navy Blue and Beige

I want to know what kind of accent color I can use in my Living Room. My carpet is a Navy Blue and the walls are a rag rolled beige tone. My other furniture such as couch and chairs are an off white. I have a navy recliner. My curtains are white sheers with a Beige valance. I need a punch up color that goes with navy and beige. Any ideas?

Ginger

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Any of these will match:

burgundy

age

mustard

I would use a bold red.

pink (aka "manly" dusty-rose)

deep yellow would also work

Wow, you have the perfect palette! :o) There isn't a color that won't "go" with navy and beige, IMO.

Reds (cinnabar to fuschia)

Oranges (terracotta to melon)

Yellows (all shades)

Browns

Other Blues (turquoise to teal)

What I do is go to the bookstore and look thru the decorating magazines for color ideas. :o) Have fun!

Red, red, beautiful RED! Sunshine yellow would also bring fabulous energy to "safe" navy and beige. Don't be afraid to experiment; drape different fabrics around your room until you find a color combination that feels right. Good luck, Ginger, and have fun!

Yes, yes - I agree with MissouriMom. I read your post and didn't even think about any other color than red. Find a beautiful shade of a subdued red, rather than a vibrant red - one that looks antique-y.

If you're feeling patriotic, you can go Americana, or you can go beachy - lighthouses, shells - or even nautical, with boat accents, brass lanterns. The sky's the limit for you, babe!

Thanks for all the help . Should I do a lot of color or just toss pillows ,vases etc. Could I even use more than one of the colors or should it just be one other color with my navy and beige?""

I think that if you are not looking to change the things you already have, like the curtains, then you are on the right track, as far as accesorizing. Definitely throw pillows, vases - a nice chenille throw draped over the recliner, maybe a red ottoman or something. If you have a coffee table, a red print runner or cloth placemat. Don't always think solid red either, there are some lovely red plaids or gingham check. The nice thing about using the color in your accesories, is that you can change them with the seasons, at very little cost. Come spring, you can go with yellows - daffodils, tulips - summer could be the sage green season. MochaMae was right when she had you had the perfect palette to build on. Makes we want to go out and buy new furniture, and start where you are. Just have fun. Trust your instincts - you'll know when you've overdone it.

HOW ABOUT SAGE GREEN? BURGUNDY AND HUNTER GREEN WOULD BE NICE TOO.

Hi! I am currently redecorating my kitchen/dining room/living room in coral/salmon, denim/navy, and our carpet is taupe. We also had a family picture taken a few yrs back with my daughter in a navy sailor dress, me in a coral dress, and my dh in a taupe/tan shirt. We received rave reviews for our color choices! Good luck!

What fun!! I'm the outdoors type and very practicle so I'd go with a terra cotta red, comfy pillows and a ottoman with storage

Orange is the complement color to blue so it would be good. Look on a color wheel and choose the color opposite to the one you have and you'll find the perfect complement color.

red - pillar box, scarlet, burgundy, maroon - but red, red, red!!!!

Like everyone else, I think bold red is the way to go.

Oh, I think you should go with yellow! You could even incorporate lighter shades of blue and different shades of yellow together. Even some shades of green go beautifully with navy blue.

A very, very soft yellow would be a nice accent to both the navy & beige, Try using a print which incorporates some of the navy & beige but mostly yellow. It can be such a soft shade that it will be calm & relaxing.

Hi, I looked through all the other posts and didn't see any that indicated Mauve, from a light to a dark and trimmed with a gold color for a rich look. Happy decorating. RoseMary

I think you also need to bring the Navy higher in the room. It sounds like the Navy color is limited to the floor making the room color 'bottom heavy'.

Bring the Navy higher, maybe in the curtains as well or a border, and use your third color (I like the yellow idea) as accents spread evely around the room for added balance, i.e pillows, curtain ties, art work, etc.

My sofa are navy blue, and pillows are black with grey accents. Do not know what color to paint the walls or what color curtain to place. Please advise

At my job located in the cclubhouse we have three pieces of solid navy blue furniture and we found throw pillows that are striped with black, navy blue, maroon, beige and added all those colors with lots of greenery. It looks warm and inviting. the marron or wine colors set the room off then we painted the walls with maroon-wine to beige accent on every other wall it belongs in a book. It ROCKS!

Add punches of red an orange.... throws, pillows, funky vases and lamps.... just little bits here and there!

I TOO AM IN A PAINTING QUANDRY. BLUE SOFAS, BIEGE CARPET. VERY SMALL SPACE. HELPPPPPPPP

I have the EXACT same deal going on with the dark Navy Blue carpet. Although I have not picked a final wall color and accessory color yet, i have narrowed it down to benjamin moore's Brookline beige or lenox tan. I love the idea of the beige walls with the Deeper Red colors though. Also something that ive thought about is using different (lighter shades) of blues and teals with cute patterns/ stripes for throw pillows and maybe bring the darker blue up in the room with accents such as vases, bookends, art, etc. That would be beautiful with the off-white furniture. good luck!!

p.s. - if anyone has any other ideas for wall color and accessory schemes with Navy carpet.. that would be FANTASTIC! Thanks guys! :)

I have a olive green couch and beige carpet what color can i paint my walls

RED is the way to go. I am doing my daughters room and purchased a red and navy comforter with beige sheets. It looks awesome. just don't know what color to paint the walls. There is a shelf all around the room. Any suggestions?

My carpet is tan and the furniture is navy blue. I need a color for the walls?

I have got a house and the carpets are blue, so what colour rug will go with it. Please could you tell me.

I have had the same navy blue furniture for over 30 years and have had 6 moves and each move created a new room. Currently have 4 layers of yellow faux walls, white crown molding and I have deep red tole valance with deep red curtains. the carpet is light beige with a 12x14 Oriental rug over it. have cherry and mahogany antique tables and secretary, and a black end table and rocker that helps ground the colors. Oriental blue and white willow dishes are hanging on the walls and in an antique shadowbox over the couch.

Today I went looking at olive or forest green color to re-do the pillows and curtains. I live on a river and want to bring in the outdoor colors. what should I do with the walls? Thinking of a high chair rail and a lattice or flower wallpaper over it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Living RoomJanuary 18, 2005
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Blue Jeans
Keeping Blue Jeans Looking Like New
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:47:14 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 8 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.