Baby Sweater Set

Approximate Time: about 4 days

• two skeins baby yarn
  • crochet needle
  • 2 yards of ribbon to match thread

Instructions:

For the sweater and cap you crochet 18 granny squares for sweater. Sew them together run ribbon around neck and sleeves, tie a bow. For the cap you crochet 4 granny squares, sew together, sew ribbon on to tie under chin, crochet a border around the cap and the sweater.

Booties chain 26, make 4 rows of double crochet, fasten together, then crochet two more of double crochet fasten off. Run ribbon through the 3rd from top. Tie a bow

Sew or crochet, three rows of 2 granny squares together one row of two granny squares for front. Sew front or back together, or crochet together make four squares together for sleeves each side, crochet or sew together, sew sides together then double crochet around sweater. Run ribbon around neck to tie under neck. The cap you sew 3 granny squares together then sew three sides to another square, double crochet around the cap. Sew ribbon on each side to tie under neck.

Granny Square Chain 6 fasten together, double crochet in ring 3 times chain, 1 double crochet three mores times fasten together. Crochet chain 1 three mores times in each chain make three double crochet chain 1, 3 more times. Make 2 rounds

By Carleen from Little Rock, AR

Hi Carleen, My fingers are itching to start making the sweater. How large are each of your squares? Thank you for the wonderful idea.

Beautiful! I like to make up my own patterns for crocheting too. That's the only way my mom knew how! She taught me. I consider it a talent!

Hi,I really love the idea to make a sweater set out of granny squares.My problem is understanding the instructions you gave on how to put it all together,because some of the instructions just are not quite clear.If you would'nt mind could you re-word the way the instructions are given,and maybe have a little more detail on how to put the sleeves together? Thank you! I would like to try and make this for a new neice of mine!