Product Review: Dawn Direct Foam

My best frugal tip for cleaning is using a particular dishwashing soap that is just amazing. Dawn Direct Foam is handy for so much more than just your dishes! It works great on a damp sponge to quickly dissolve cooking spatters and spillovers from your stovetop, will clean greasy hands after automotive work, and even seems to help if you've had contact with poison ivy while gardening. (I'm extremely allergic to the ivy, but washed with Dawn Foam in cold water after accidentally handling some, and only ended up with one tiny bump where I didn't go high enough on my arm!

Saves having to waste water while waiting for hot water to get to your sink, too, because it works in cold water to do pre-washing or soaking of heavily greasy pans and casserole dishes. Sounds like a commercial for the stuff, but really, I've found it to save money in so many ways and to work in so many cleaning situations, that it's one of the few things I will pay more for initially.

It lasts a LONG time, and there's refill bottles to keep your pump bottle filled. Regular dishwashing liquid and spray cleaners just won't do all that this item will for cleaning, (and believe me, I've TRIED!) so I hardly ever buy them anymore.

By Mary from Mtn. Pine, AR

I was wondering if it was any better than the regular Dawn. I have been using Dawn with an equal amount of water in a spray bottle for cleaning. Works pretty well. But I'm now willing to try Dawn Direct after your endorsement.

I just read a consumer reports article about dish detergents, and they said that dawn direct foam was the most expensive dish detergent they analyzed. But as a consumer of this product, I found the article very misleading. They tracked the expense at the price per tablespoon, and while you must use a full tablespoon for other detergents, you can get by with far less of this one. A tablespoon of dawn direct foam can do several sinkfulls of dishes or make several buckets of cleaner, making the amount per usage less expensive than many other cleaners. Like you, I'm a believer.

Dawn is what I use to clean my bathtub. I put the full strength Dawn on a little scrubber that is safe for porcelain and it really cleans the bathtub ring. I would suppose the Dawn foam will work just as well. I have heard that many motels use Dawn to clean their bathtubs.

I didn't know that Dawn Direct Foam worked on preventing poison ivy. I love to garden and work in the yard. I too came in contact with poison ivy. I usually get it really bad. I tried Dawn Direct Foam and so far no rash. Gary Dominicus

There is no sense whatsoever in purchasing Dawn Foam. All you are paying for is 1/3 Dawn and 2/3 water in a foaming dispenser. I've been doing this with Dawn long before they came out with their version. Getting a foaming soap dispenser and then any time you need a refill, fill it 1/3 with regular full strength Dawn and 2/3 water. Shake it up and you have Dawn Foam. You can do this with literally any clear liquid soap.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningFebruary 26, 2008
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Spa Water Foam
Reducing Spa Water Foam