Hang Dry Your Clothes

Hanging clothes on the line not only helps to keep down the electric costs, but makes clothes smell so wonderful!. I have not dried my towels, which take so much time to dry, in a dryer for the past 3 years. The towels will be soft if you take them off as soon as they dry. Do not leave clothes more than the drying time. Bring them in as soon as they are dry.

By iruiz27 from S. TX

Use vinegar in the rinse water to remove all traces of soap or detergent and it leaves your clothes soft. The vinegar smell will dissipate after rinsing and drying on line or in the dryer.

I live at the beach and love the salty way my laundry smells. When I lived in Louisiana though, clotheslines were not permitted in my development. Imagine!

This sounds good but I don't have the time to make sure I catch my clothes just as they finish drying. People say drying clothes uses more electricity but I have tried it and I don't find there is enough difference to give up my time to do something else and hang my clothes up to dry. People need to check their dryers and make sure they are operating the way they should and keep the filter clean.

My electric bill has went WAY down since I rarely use the dryer. Our electric rates are sky high here. An added benefit is our clothing lasts so much longer, especially things with elastic in them, like bras and panties. I don't mind the towel feeling a little "rough". LOL It is like getting a massage as I dry. I love the smell of line dried sheets, too. (I have no allergies.) My clothing I hang in the basement on hangers to dry.

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Line Drying Clothing Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 24, 2010
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Installing a Breezecatcher Rotary Clothesline