Removing Yellow Bleach Stains from White Jeans

I washed a pair of white jeans and there were blue stains left from the laundry detergent that didn't dissolve. I poured bleach onto the areas that were stained and I then washed them and the bleach left those areas yellowed. How can I get this back to white again?

By Ann from FL

I would try putting lemon juice on the yellowed areas and leave the jeans out in the sun. Normally that will help whiten whites.

Of course you know this now, but you must never pour bleach directly onto clothing. As well as causing this yellowing, it will have weakened the fibers and this will wear holes much more quickly than elsewhere. You should also dissolve the soap in your wash water before adding clothes, as you now know. I don't know if you can remove these marks, as bleach is not a stain, but removes the actual color from clothing, and so it is a chemical reaction. It is not a matter of removing something, like when you spill raspberry juice or coffee on something. Perhaps you should contact the company that made your bleach. I am sure there is a toll free number on the bottle, a customer service line. All products have that now. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 17, 2011
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
🎉
🎄