IMPORTANT: Peter Pan Peanut Butter Recall

IMPORTANT! PETER PAN PEANUT BUTTER RECALL INFO

If consumers have this product, they should discard it, but save the product lid. For a full refund, consumers must return the Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter product lid along with their name and mailing address to:

ConAgra Foods
P.O. Box 3768
Omaha, NE 68103 The lid will have a product code on top the first four numbers will be 2111.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 866-344-6970. For more information about salmonella, visit www.ific.org.

For more on the story go to: http://www.topix.net/business/food-science

Thanks to IMAQT1962 for the heads up on this.

thank you for posting this for me. I wanted everyone to be informed as soon as i found out, we had 4 jars in our cabinet

We had one also. Luckily it hadnt been opened and eaten. We are sending ours back along with the one my mom had.

The same recall is for peanutbutter from Aldi, I've heard.

This is really important. DO NOT EAT THIS PEANUT BUTTER! My family thoght we were fighting a virus or something. After seeing this warning my husband called the poison control center and we figured out by the symptoms that we were sick from Peter Pan. It has not been fun for myself, my husband and my son. I called my parents because I know they are big peanut butter eaters and I knew that my dad had been having toubles with his stomach even though he takes medicine for it. My mom kind of thought we were just being paranoid and we were just sick. My dad went out and found the jar he had just finished which turns out had the same lot number. He hadn't eaten anymore the last few days and his stomach was feeling much better. It is for real. Much as we love peanut butter, we may steer clear for a little.

Care to all,

Karen, Port Clinton OH

thanks ev1 on the tips I had 2 jars and I will being sending out the lids in the a.m. I just hope this stops it,my kids are heart broken over not being able to eat Peter Pan !!!!

You can't just mail the lid in a regular envelope with a 39 cents stamp can you? Are they re-imbursing for postage too? I found we had 2 jars - one unopened and one half empty. My teenage son had a mild upset stomach last week. I'm think it was due to the PB.

I took two jar of peanut butter with the 2111 code on it back to Walmart and they gave me a full refund. I didn't have to hassle with mailing lids to the company! Call your Walmart and ask if you are able to return them.

Loretta

I am a Peter Pan peanut butter fanatic. My wife usually gives me a case of Peter Pan for Christmas each year. When I heard about the recall and went to look, my entire supply, my Christmas present, was all involved in the recall. I wonder how they will react to getting about 20 lids in the mail with a refund request? I have had a few upset stomach symptoms in the last 2 months so may be it is the Peter Pan.

Editor's Note: Because you have a whole case, you might be able to all them and tell them. You may just have to give them the case lot numbers.

Instead of mailing in my PB lids, I returned the jars to Walmart. They accepted the PB and gave me a cash refund with no hassles.

I HAVE HAD STOMACH PROBLEMS SINCE OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR THAT MY DOCTOR COULDN'T DIAGNOSE. SINCE I STOPPED EATING THIS PEANUT BUTTER, IT HAS BEEN OK. SHOULD WHATEVER IS LEFT BE SENT BACK TO SEE IF IT WAS CONTAMINATED?

Is there a lawsuite against the companies over this recall???

I love peter pan peanut butter. Can I still purchase peter pan peanut butter? or do we have to wait until a certain date? Hey my yearly peter pan sweets cook off is coming up and I need to know what to tell my contestant. We Love peter pan peanut butter its our favorite.

peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
🎉
🎄