Repairing a Reading Lamp

I bought an over-the headboard reading lamp a few months back. I love it, but the manufacturing quality is not so good. The inner plastic-type lining is cracked and breaking off, leaving an uneven light flow.

If I break it all out, and try to replace it with something, what can I use? Fabric and glue? The bulb is a CFL. Is fabric safe? Any ideas? Thanks.

By Andras from San Diego, CA

Answers

On my headboard I use an ordinary clip on lamp. They are available in Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. They are often shown in the back to college section. Just buy a new lamp, they are not expensive ($10 at BB&B). Sometimes you can drive yourself crazy trying to fix something, and it doesn't turn out well or costs a lot to fix.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture LampsJuly 15, 2009
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp
🎄