General AdviceConsumer Advice

Using Reed Diffuser Air Fresheners

Does anyone use the diffuser oils? The thingy with the 3 skinny sticks inside a small vase with oil that is supposed to make your room smell good.

I have decorated my bath and wanted to make it smell good, but I wasn't sure these things really work. I didn't want to use candles because they have to be monitored. Do you have any suggestions?

By Onesummer

I use them all over the house .No more candles for me. I think that they are great. Buy good stuff. Smell them first

I have not had good luck with them. I use tarts now. They last longer and no black soot left over.

Anonymous

They work great and you can also find refill fluid for them or use essential oils to refill (I prefer using essential oils to refill). The trick to keep the scent flowing is to turn the bamboo sticks the opposite direction every so many days :-)

chrissym15, you don't burn reed diffusers (picture below) and what is a tart? I've never heard of them :-o

This is for Deeli; in regards to a tart, Yankee Candle sells them. It's just a small pie like shape of scented wax. They can be burned in electric tart warmers or in ones that use tealight candles on the bottom. Once heated they turn into a liquid form. They can be heated up a few times before you have to change them. To do that just put it in the freezer until it hardens again. The best thing about them is that you can change your scents often rather than be committed to one scent.

Anonymous

Thanks for letting me know what tarts are kghsave :-)

I think I will buy a reed diffuser and also a tart now that I know what one is! Thanks for helping me decide you guys! Robyn

I personally love them in our home, make sure it is a smell that you like.

Go to this website to learn how to make the reed diffusers and save money: http://www.snow  iffuseroils.html

I love them! My husband said let's try one when we saw it a the Dollar Tree. The vanilla is what we got and it really makes our rooms smell so good!