Savannah Bag

I've made a lot of bags, but my favorite is the Savannah bag. I named it after my daughter because it's pretty in pink.

Directions:

1. I cut out a template 22 inches long by 13 inches wide.
  2. Put template on top of main fabric and cut; 2 for fabric, 2 for lining.
  3. Ad

4. I then cut front fabric in 3 sections and cut 2 strips of fabric for the front. I sewed them together.
  5. I added embellishment and ribbon to the front fabric and then sewed the front and back together, 1/4 inches at the bottom corner of bag.
  6. I sewed in the corners, so the bag can have a nice stiff look.
  7. Sewed the lining and do the same at the bottom.
  8. I then cut the lining pattern for the handles, cut 22 inch long strip, adding interface, and fold the strip at each side. Press as you fold, then fold again. Sew the open edge of the handles.
  9. I then cut 4 pieces of 4 inch square, add interface, and fold both sides together. Put aside.
  10. With the bag handle add the metal rings in the edge of the handle and sew, leaving the ring attached.
  11. Once you have the front and back handle; 2 rings for front, 2 rings for back of back, attach the small 4 inch squares fold to the rings and add between the front and back and lining. Sew all around.

There you have it, a Savannah bag.

By Maria from Somerville, MA

maria, I love your postings. I live in Malden, do you sell your things locally? I would love to learn

thanks

m

I really like this bag too. It's nice and big, and you could add a zipper if you want to.

OH, my gosh this is SO adorable! Great idea!

Crafts SewingJanuary 4, 2008
cement bags
Opening a Bag With Stitched String Closure
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄