Watch Out for Pets When Painting

A few years ago, my friend and her hubby started painting their newly acquired house. The only thing was they didn't think of was putting their cats in a room with the door closed.

One kitty came in the room they were working in, she said it was like, "oh, kitty, have you come to see what we're doing? Ok, kitty you can sit there, up and out of our way."

The cat sat there for what seemed like forever, then all of sudden the cat jumped to another part of the room (their eyes following the cat, but much to their dismay) onto a tray of paint sat upon top of a ladder! The cat was covered in paint as were a lot of other areas, they were quickly trying to clean before the paint dried, kitty ran out of the room.

She said when she finally got all the paint cleaned up in the room, then she went looking for the cat, which wasn't too hard to find as he'd left a trail of paint everywhere he went. She said "Learn from my mistake. Always, always, lock up your animals before starting a painting project!"

By Terri from NV

Oh is that ever an America's funniest home video! Course, it wasn't funny when it happened. I always crate my cats when I start to paint. They aren't crazy about it but what happened here was my biggest fear. Great advice, learned the hard way!

LOL Cats are like toddlers, and just as curious.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingNovember 21, 2006
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch