Storing Pet Info and Supplies

My dogs' information and emergency supplies are conveniently "stashed" in a crate I purchased on sale for $10. I have stored my pets' info in handy, colorful binders for easy access (one binder for each dog). I bought clear three-hole binder envelopes so the important stuff doesn't fall out of the binders:

• veterinarian receipts
  • proof of spay and neuter
  • vaccination receipts
  • license info
  • microchip numbers and registry info
  • photographs
  • certificates earned

Additionally, I have filed training hints and other handouts in the binders.

In the crate, there are two soft and fluffy bathmats that my dogs are familiar with: they have learned to associate their personal mat with lying down quietly and being treated and praised. I have a portable water bowl, lots of poop bags, trash bags, hand wipes, antibacterial hand wash, alcohol wipes, antibacterial ointment, extra leashes and collars, and special toys. I have a small lunch cooler in which I can put water and treats. I have trained my dogs to come to me at the sound of a clicker, so I have a clicker in the crate also, as well as an extra treat bag.

I scored a portable seat/backpack at a yard sale for $1, and have stored in the crate too, this is for me however =)

Everything I need for my dogs is stored in one place and "ready to roll", whether it be to obedience lessons, the veterinarian, a pet-friendly get-together, or an emergency.

Roll around tote of pet info and supplies.

Thanks for info. We carry all that for our well travelled cats except for photos. Never occured to me, really good idea seeing one is siamese and the other calico. Liz

Great information! Thanks from all of us animal lovers. When you have a pet they are part of the family, and you have just shown how much your babies mean to you. If your little guys could talk, they would say you are a wonderful "mommy."

What a great idea! Thanks so much!

Lucky dogs.

This is so helpful. I help a lot of women fleeing abusive relationships. To be ready in case of an emergency is so helpful thank you. A survivor speaks out against domestic violence. Regards

Toronto, Ontario

I voted this down. Not because it's not a good idea. On the contrary it's great. But the organization of it is what I disagree with. I also keep all this info. However, I keep all the paperwork in a file (like you, one for each pet) in my fire safe box right along with the information on the human members of my family.

As far as the blanket, bowls, etc. I keep those things in a plastic bin with a lid and carry handle. In the bin I have a folder which contains copies of their current veterinary information and pictures of each one. I don't keep all of their information there, just copies of the current information. This bin is kept in the same area where I store my suitcases. So when it's time to go on a road trip, for them all I have to do is grab the bin, add some dog food, treats and water along with their current favorite toys, and go.

It takes me all of maybe 10 minutes to pack up for the animals (I have 2 dogs and a cat) this way.

Oh, and for the cat I have a travel carrier which is what I stack the bin on so they are together.

But it makes more sense to me to keep the originals and their histories in the fire safe box (or whatever permanent file a family has) than to keep it in a "travel" bin where it could get lost.

Great idea especially if you need to evacuate your home quickly. Sometimes just minutes can mean the difference between life or death.

This is a great idea for a quick get away. Cricketnc is right on the pet info - just use copies and keep the originals in a safe place.Yes and also keep a human file with updated info especially if you have small children.

Organizing Pet Records
Organizing Pet Records
Pets AdviceFebruary 26, 2008
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food