Strong Facial Peel Recipe

I am not sure how I came about this information but, for anyone who needs a strong facial peel or exfoliater:

• crushed regular aspirin
  • baking soda
  • lemon juice

You can add other ingredients as you wish, such as witch hazel. This will foam up immediately!

Most people's skin can only handle 15 minutes or so with it on.

By Desiree from Kent, WA

Best Answer

This sounds very interesting, thank you very much.

I'm always looking for a strong peel because even though I've always exfoliated (even before it became popular), I'm 52 and I really need all the help I can get!

But I have one question - what are the proportions you use, please?

Is it the juice of one fresh lemon?

How many aspirin?

How much baking soda?

How much witch hazel?

I really want to try it, so I hope you will kindly get back to me!

Thank you so much.

Best Answer

I wouldn't advise the use of lemon juice on the face since lemon is sensitive to sunlight and causes a dark, very dark stain on the skin. If someone is willing to use so drastic a recipe, should rinse face with fresh and abundant water before stepping outside.

Best Answer

After reading this I am shocked. Lemon juice on your face over night could be detrimental to your skin. You are altering the ph. It will take layers of skin off, litterly. If someone has sensitive shin, by morning there could be blood. While lemons will exfoliate , it would be good for a few minutes then wash off. Only to use this once a week. Or one might end up having scaring, over long time use.Basicialy if you have to think about how many minutes you can handle.it.. I wouldn't use it!

I also would like to try it but I need proportion amounts of each ingredient.

Thanks,

:-)

I too would like to try this. Please post measurements. Thank you.

I just tried this recipe even though there were no proportions given. I started with:

1 tbsp. baking powder

1 tbsp. lemon juice

3 aspirin

I don't have sensitive skin and I had no trouble with any stinging or burning.

Then I tried it with:

2 tbsp baking powder

2 tbsp lemon juice

4 aspirin

I put this all over my face, neck, chest, arms and elbows, hands and knees and kept it on overnight.

I experienced no redness or any other kind of irritation at all.

It made my skin look brighter and it's probably wishful thinking, but I think my brown spots are slightly, slightly lighter. I've only used the recipe twice.

I did notice that when I used it all over my face that the 'good' parts of my skin that are unblotchy became lighter and therefore made the blotchy parts a little more noticible, so next time I'll apply it to my dark spots with a q tip. This will be hard because I have mostly blotchy parts.

As far as the remark about skin peeling; I hope so. That's what exfoliation is. That's how you get decent skin - you take away the dead skin. Your skin products won't work effectlively trying to get through dead skin. My opinion and experience.

I paid dearly for 9 months at my dermatologist for professional skin peels and my skin peeled alright, in sheets, literally, you better believe it. But I can't say it made a dramatic difference, and nobody else noticed anything much either. Plus, my really dark spots on my forehead NEVER peeled, even when the doctor put a stronger solution on that area. Nine months, one peel a month at $150 each and my forehead never peeled which is where I need it the most.

I admit that if you have sensitive skin you should be careful and experiment. I don't have sensitive skin.

I do know that lemon juice for dark spots is a really old fashioned recipe for skin; it's been around a long time.

I used fresh lemon juice, but next time I'll try bottled lemon juice and see what happens.

I didn't use witch hazel (yet). I'm an experimenter. What's the worst that could happen? If I have a problem, I go to the dermotologist - yes, I'd spend more money, but I'd rather figure out by myself how to make my skin peel. I've already tried what the derm dr. had to offer within my price range.

I had to use a mortar and pestle to grind it all up. You can buy them inexpensively at Target or at a place that specializes in cooking items.

The recipe foams up as soon as you add the baking soda to the lemon juice.

I DID use it overnight on my nose with no problem. I have clogged pores there especially.

It does make your skin tight. But after removing it the next morning with LOTS of tepid water and a gentle wash cloth, my skin wasn't dry. I have dry skin and an oily T zone. On my elbows and knees I scrubbed with the washcloth because I have a big problem with darkness in these areas. I had no problem.

My goal is to get a peeling roll started.

As far as the remark about lemon being sensitive to sunlight; she's right. But sunBLOCK should be used anyway, with or without ANY kind of exfoliation process. You're uncovering new, fresh skin and your skin will be sensitive plus it will get spotty again unless you use sunblock.

If you try this lady's recipe, I hope you'll post your opinions, reactions, results, etc.

Happy Experimenting!

Hi, does anyone have the quantities for this aspirin facial peel and does it really work? Thanks ever so.

How many times a week should I do this? The first time I did this, I left it on for an hour and then washed thoroughly. I know I'm going to have to do it a few more times before I see results.

Lemon juice may be an issue. The aspirin certainly is! Please make sure you are not allergic to aspirin before trying this recipe. Don't forget aspirin is a drug. Don't over use it for anything. Facial peels should be done no more than once a month. This is what I use once a week, have been using it for years and I have an extremely sensitive skin.

I can't use anything with lanolin, aloe, scent etc. St. Ives body scrub. It has ground almonds in it. It is cheap, lasts a long time and the chances of having a reaction to it are almost nil. I use it once a week now, but have used it two or three times when my skin was oilier and built up dead cells more often. Don't "scrub" hard with this stuff, you don't have to. It does the work for you. Simply use it in your shower where you can rinse it off immediately. And yes I use it for all of my body, not just for my face.

You do realize that asprin and lemon juice are acids and baking soda is a base. Meaning mixing them together you are increasing the PH of the mixture making it less acidic. Acid is what causing the "peel".

woman with nice skin
Making and Storing Homemade Facial Peels
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceSeptember 10, 2008
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Little Girl using Kleenex Facial Tissues
Saving Money on Facial Tissues
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Peeling Potatoes
Peeling Potatoes
🎉
🎄