Ask Cable Company About Special Deals

If you are not locked into a price for cable, check on a regular basis to see if the cable company is offering a special promotion. You would be surprised at the promotions that they have and sometimes it is only for 3 months but this savings can add up.

By Susan B. from Columbia, SC

I learned this the hard way! My Directv was sneaking up constantly.. I could not understand why new customers were being offered such great deals and I was not so, I called.

My bill went down $40 and did not loose a thing and without signing a contract... This is a must. These company's know that Hulu & Nexflix are out there and your local channels can be obtained through regular rabbit ears or special antennas if you live rural.. So call and tell them you cannot afford them any longer. They always have the special deal, even if it isn't advertised.

Photo of a TV remote control.
Saving Money on Your Cable Bill
Budget & Finance UtilitiesApril 21, 2010
Coaxial Cable TV
Getting Rid of Cable TV
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
🎉
🎄