Using Vinegar to Make a Pan Non-stick

What is the method for making an ordinary pan, non-stick using vinegar?

By lubbie from Rochester, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I googled this and found out the answer is right here on TFC!!

Here it is..

RE: In Praise of Vinegar

By Anonymous (148) Blog! Contact

vinegar can be used for so many things it's unbelievable!! I have a little book I bought at the grocery store, "108 ways to use vinegar". I use it in many things and on many things. One of the things I do is pour white vinegar in the rinse reservoir of my dishwasher and my dishes come out really shiny and the glasses are sparkling.

I run a short cycle of vinegar in my dishwasher and washing machine to give them a good cleaning and make them smell good. The vinegar also dislodges any 'crud' build-up. The very best thing I have found so far is making a frying pan a non-stick pan. I paid $25.00 for a nice, heavy frying pan that is actually coated with a non-stick material but the food always sticks. I boiled two cups of white vinegar in the pan for ten minutes and now I can cook anything and nothing sticks! Apparently this will work with any type of pan. Vinegar is inexpensive and non-caustic. I love it!

Posted on 01/24/2006

I had high hopes, but this did not work for me. My eggs still stuck onto the pan after the whole process.

Stainless Steel Pot
Using Stainless Steel Cookware
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 4:32:14 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.