Used Digital Camera Batteries Good for Other Uses

Although I always try to use rechargeable batteries, once in a while, I have none charged for my camera and need to buy some for going to an event. I have found that when these batteries die out for the camera, they still work just fine in a less energy demanding item, such as a clock or remote control. I have used some of these batteries in clocks for up to a year.

You can also use eneloop rechargeable batteries made by Sanyo. They maintain up to 85% of the charge after one year.

I have found that if you always use the same 2 rechargeable batteries together I get much better results, the charge seems to last longer so what I have done since I used 2 at a time I have marked them in pairs with a circle permanent marker around the battery , 1 set has no markings, the next set has a band around a positive end on both batteries, another set has a band around a negative end on both and another Set been around both positive and negative because they been drained equally they seem to hold a charge equally and they seem to last longer.

It is very useful, thanks!

That is absolutely fantastic to know, thank you! I go through batteries like crazy with my digital camera! This will save me TONS of money in the long run, since there are six of us in the house. Something always needs batteries! :-)

Better Living Frugal Living TipsJuly 22, 2008
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Getting More Life from Batteries
Getting More Life from Batteries
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
Recycling Car Batteries, old battery
Recycling Car Batteries
🎉
🎄