Painted Decorative Wood Stove

These are pictures of a old wood stove that friends of mine wanted me to paint so they could use it as a table in front of their window in their front room. It was missing one cover so I painted a flower pot to match and placed a plant in it. I also entered it in our local county fair and took first place.

By Phyllis

What a smart idea! Great job! Wish I were that smart.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

You are so talented, that is absolutely beautiful!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

this piece is absolutely stunning!!!!""

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Beautiful!!! I can appreciate that because I also have done some painting over the years.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

wonderful..who'd have thought a stove could look so good.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is the cutest thing I ever saw!!!!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thanks people for all the kind words.....

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is really unique. You are very talented!

Congratulations!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I think its beautiful, I wish I had such a wonderful talent.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is beautiful.....is that one stroke painting? Looks more elaberate than that....You did a fantastic job. just to think you could do that with a woodstove...Great!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thats a beautiful job! Wow! I have seen old gas grilles painted and used as planters in the yard too. Such talent!!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a talent!!!! Magnificent!!

Bonnie

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Reply to Diamondee, no this is not one stroke painting, I just did my own design with the leaves and the birdhouses and heart design are from a painting book. I have done a lot of the leaves on diffrent things in diffrent colors and people always seem to like them....Thanks for the kind words...

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Definitely a Blue Ribbon Winner! Beautiful!

Susan from ThriftyFun

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow, Susan, thanks!!!!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Beautiful job!!! Love the leaves you painted. The heart and birdhouse look like the kinds that are found in Jamie Mills Price's painting books. She is my favorite decorative artist... I have almost all of her books. I like doing "pen and ink" pictures with her patterns.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi Valleyrimgirl, Thank you for the nice words, the leaves I do are done like oil painting, which I also do. You are right about the birdhouse and heart, I live about 30 miles from Jamie, have all her books and she has signed them. Love her work......

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Phyllis,

The only book of Jamie's that I do not have is #3. It was discontinued. Do you know of anyone who does not want theirs anymore? In the internet there are no pictures of the inside of the book so I don't even have a clue to what patterns it had.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Valleyrimgirl, What is on the cover of #3? I have the one that has a bear sitting with a bee hive, has Welcome above him. I also have a Christmas one that says Vol. 3, so not sure which one you mean.

The one with the bear on the cover has a lot of good birdhouses and some christmas things, I have used it a lot. I take a painting class and my teacher get's a lot of books, I will ask her if she has an extra one. If you find it on e-bay I don't think you would go wrong on buying it..

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi Phyllis,

I've checked e-bay but to no avail.

Yes, book #3 is the one with the bear and bee and the welcome sign above the bear. That is the one I do not have. I DO have all 3 Christmas books. They are great!!

Could you ask, if there is an extra book #3 floating around? I've tried to find one here and no one seems to have purchased it before it went out of print. I wonder if they could reprint that book again. Also, I believe that book 1 and 2 are in their final reprinting.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Valleyrimgirl,

My painting class is on Tuesday, I will check and see if my teacher has an extra copy, I can't believe they are not printing them anymore, what state do you live in, if you know Jamie I am sure you know I live in Oregon...

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I live in Manitoba, Canada. I just know a little about Jamie because I have actually called her office on another issue and I have been on and through her web site numerous times. I have used her patterns to do pen & ink pictures on cards. The little snowmen are cute in her books.

I was in at my local paint supply store today and was mentioning the problem of not finding #3 and one of the girls there said that she was sure that she might have one at home. Isn't that the way...can't find one for months and months and now... But still check it out in your class...my source may not want to give up her copy. (Do you blame her?)

What are you painting at your class on Tuesday?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Valleyrimgirl, I'm glad you may get your book of Jamie's. I have taken a class from her, she doesn't do that much now, just workshops, she is to busy doing her books. You should send in a picture of your cards, would love to see them.. I would also love to see Canada some day... I am painting on a wood picket fence, it has a topary with tea pots, have a place all picked out in our RV for it...

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is just darling!!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great Job...You are really talented. I just took a One Stroke class at a nearby craft center. Here is picture of my first project, a wooden tray. I am looking forward to continuing classes

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Boy, I can see why it took first place. That would be a great additon to any home. You are very talented. It's georgous. I now wonder if my sister kept here old stove, I'll have to call and ask. I am not quite that talented a painter but I can surely try. Val

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Photos CraftsApril 19, 2005
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 1:24:19 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.