Mexican Omelet

This was a Sunday breakfast when in Guadalajara and siblings were visiting. I still make it occasionally.

Ingredients

• 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. each; chopped green olives and green chilies
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. butter or margarine*
  • Ad
  • 3 or 4 Tbsp. medium hot chuncky salsa, warmed

Directions

Slightly beat eggs. Add chopped olives, chiles, and the salt. Heat butter in a 6 or 7-inch pan. When butter just begins to brown, pour in egg mixture all at once. As soon as the bottom begins to set, lift edges to let the uncooked portion flow into contact with the center of the pan. When cooked, turn omelet out of pan onto plate. Top with heated salsa. Serve with a side order of refried beans and a heated tortilla.

*When living in Guadalajara, there was no refrigeration so butter was out of the question. A lot of lard or oil was used. I now use butter or margarine. I also occasionally add fine chopped ham or a bit of browned sausage to my omelets along with the original ingredients.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastApril 15, 2008
Mexican Chicken
Mexican Chicken Recipes
Caprese omelet
Caprese Scrambled Egg and Omelet Recipes
Photo of an omelet.
Omelet Recipes
Cinco de Mayo Decorations
Cinco de Mayo Craft Ideas
🎉
🎄