Mixin', Mixin' Chocolate

Pronounce it "chock-o-lata"!

Is there anyone -especially children-who doesn't love chocolate? My grandchildren are little chocoholics and love making this simple recipe with me.

Ingredients

• 3 dark chocolate squares
  • 3 white chocolate squares*
  • 1 - 12 oz. can of Spanish peanuts
  • 1 Tbsp. Crisco

Directions

*I use CandiQuick from Food Lion. Melt the dark and white chocolate squares in a microwavable bowl. Put the peanuts and Crisco on top of the chocolate squares. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Remove from the oven and stir (mix) thoroughly. This is where the "Mixin', Mixin' Chocolate" chant comes in. We keep repeating the phrase as we stir it. I do the initial mixing and then let them have a go at it. Next, spoon out in teaspoon serving sizes onto wax paper and cool. I stick it in the freezer to speed up the process.

While the kids are waiting, I give them the bowl and a couple of spoons that we've stirred with and turn them loose. Soon you will have some chocolate covered, giggling children and homemade candies for them to enjoy. My fun is in watching them dive into the bowl that has been purposely not scraped too clean.

Store the candy in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. (You may not have to worry about storing it!) It is the easiest candy I've ever made and an inexpensive way to entertain your little ones.

Source: A friend whose mother had taught her to make it passed it along to me.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

This sounds so good and so simple. I just have a suggestion. When I melt chocolate, instead of using shortening, I substitute peanut butter. It gives it a better flavor but the same texture, and that leaves another leftover spoon for the little ones to clean up! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesMarch 25, 2009
Chocolate Rolls Recipes
Chocolate Rolls Recipes
Chocolate Toffee
Chocolate Toffee Recipes
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 7:52:03 AM on 10.0.1.82 in 952 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.