Painting Over Indelible Marker

Before we were about to paint our den, I stupidly let my kids write on the walls with indelible marker. Now the painter is ready to kill me, as he put 2 coats of primer and 4 coats of paint and the marker is still bleeding through. Are there any products that will cover the marker?

JK from Edison, NJ

Did your painter use Kilz or other special stain-blocking primer? If not, have him try it over the current coat of paint.

Otherwise try OOPS or Goo Gone to get rid of the marker. My husbands Grandmother rents an apartment above her garage and one of the tenents had used marker all over the walls. I think it was OOPS that we used that time to remove the marker so we could paint over it. The OOPS will remove the paint but as long as you are trying to repaint it will not matter.

Primer won't work. Get a can of "KILZ" and spray the marks. Kilz will cover anything!

You will need to give it two coats of flat grey paint then two coats of primer before you do your final color. I covered a red wall and learned that a dark grey paint will cover anything

We used KILZ, after 6 coats it still shows through. Any other suggestions?

Well I just finished putting about 4 coats of white gloss spray paint over some of my daughter's artwork on our walls in permanent marker. It worked awesome and was inexpensive. Now I can apply my paint! I definitely recomend this! Works great!

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingOctober 22, 2006
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎄