Warming Lamp for Cats

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have a lot of days with no sunshine. My cat loves to find a sunny spot and sleep. He looked so bored the other day that I put a kitty bed on my desk and swung the free arm desk lamp, which has a 75 watt bulb in it over the kitty bed. I set the lamp about two to three feet above the bed.

Now every morning that the sun isn't out, he heads to the desk for his nap. The bulb produces enough warmth that he thinks he is sleeping in the sun, and he is much happier.

By lizzyanny from Pacific Northwest

How sweet, and how smart of you to "read your cat's body language". My cat might go for something like this too. Will have to give it a try.

You get a thumb's up from me.

Thanks Lizzyanny,

What a good mommy you are!

I have 3 cats in the house and 6 cats in a 10' X 20' kennel in the back yard. In the winter I enclose the kennel with heavy plastic and have a large rubbermaid shed with blankets and pillow with a 250 watt lamp, it is so nice and warm. In there eating area, I have a 200 watt lamp and they just love it. All of my cats are strays that I got fixed and kept.

Hi - I know that you may not read this but I just had to say that you must be a very nice person to take so many homeless "persons" and care for them like family.

I really wish that I had a place to do this as I love cats and dogs but my county has a "law" that you cannot have more than 2 animals per household. I know that some people have more but I have neighbors who would report me if I "broke" the law.

Some people really need more of a life so they do not have to try to live someone else's life.

May God bless you and give you good health and wealth so you can continue to do your good deeds.

Pets CatsMay 25, 2010
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp
Penguins on Ice Block
Fighting Global Warming