MetalCleaning

Silverware Dull After Using TarnX

I dipped a full set of sterling silverware in TarnX and it now is very dull. Is it ruined? What can I do to restore it? If it has to be recoated, where can I have that done?

Karel from Champaign, IL

Have you tried using silver polish on the sterling?...You may need to rub hard, to remove the dullness...Is the silver, marked sterling?...You could contact a jewelry store and ask if they could polish the silver for you...A set of sterling flatware, is very expensive, so this option, might be the best option...This should be a warning to people. Test a piece of silver, before "doing" an entire set!...I have never heard of "recoating" sterling...Sterling silver has 925 percent silver in it...so you should be able to bring back the shine...

I have the same problem. I cleaned my "Solid" sterling silverware with Tarn-X and it is dull too. The bottle does say to use Tarn-X gloss after cleaning. I have not been able to find this in the stores. Does anyone know how this silverware can be restored?