Making Large Batch of Cocoa Mix

I have 3 children. My oldest is in middle school and changes classrooms throughout the day. My younger kids are in a title 1 school and also have many specialized teachers that they see every day. They are all very fond of these very devoted teachers, and wanted to give each of them a present for Christmas. I came up with a "jar mix" take off that the kids could help me with.

We mixed up a very large batch of hot cocoa mix and spooned it in the jars with a couple inches left at the top. Then, we filled the rest of the jar with marshmallows.

Labeling these jars was pretty easy too, and we decorated the top with a piece of holiday fabric. The teachers have all loved them. And the kids are very proud of their creations. Here is the recipe for the hot cocoa mix:

• 11 cups powdered milk,
  • 2 lb. box Nestle Quick, (powdered chocolate milk mix)
  • 2 cups coffee creamer
  • 4 tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
  • 2 cups powdered sugar

Mix together. Use 1/3 cup mix to 2/3 cup water. Heat and enjoy! This mix made about eight 2 quart jars with room for marshmallows on top.

By Denise from Omaha, NE

I made 4 batches of this and put in pint jars for my co-workers. I bought a pack of paper doilles to cover the lid, tied it up with curly ribbon. I tated each batch and it was great.

Hot Chocolate Mix
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Christmas BeveragesDecember 21, 2005
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
powdered cocoa
Storing Cocoa
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group