Product Review: Ikea's Foldable Drying Rack (ANTONIUS)

I'd purchased a nifty large powder coated steel drying rack with foldable sides at Container Store right before it was discontinued several years ago. I have this rack set up in my back bedroom and dry most of my clothing on it, instead of over the washer and dryer which are in a hallway and tend to slap us in the face with wet garments as we walk by. I was happy to see it now stocked by IKEA for $39.99 and am including this info if you are interested (some people had contacted me about where they could find it). It's now called, "The Antonius Foldable Drying Rack, #898.533.50". Search for it on the web site by name rather than by item number.

The Container Store clerk at the check out register raved about it and told me she'd been using hers for some 3 years when I originally purchased it. The shelves and the frame can be folded so that it takes up less floor space, then opened up again as needed. There is one small negative which is far outweighed by the positives. Although this rack has wheels, one of them always falls off when I move it but it's light weight enough to pick up and carry into a different room. The benefits are that it provides a nice out of the way space for drying my clothing, I use the dryer less, and I feel great about my contribution toward lessening pollution. When we have visitors, it can provide extra towel racks in the guest bathroom, and the rest of the time reside in the back room.

Source: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80119043

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Please notice that I did not say it would accomodate an entire week's worth of family laundry!

Air-drying clothes is such a good idea. Dryers save time, but they're hard on fabrics, and they can heat-set stains.

I have space to string a plastic clothesline overhead in the house (I just take it down when I'm done) and I also have a 2"-diameter 10-foot pole extended between 2 old wooden coatracks

.

In the winter, the extra humidity lowers the heating bill a little and makes the inside air more comfortable. Just watch for condensation on the windows and wipe it off quickly.

Drying Clothes Inside
Line Drying Clothes Inside
Organizing LaundryAugust 13, 2008
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Drying Rack for Laundry
Homemade Flat Drying Rack for Laundry
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄