Cinnamon Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

(Note: These are NOT to be eaten!) This is a very simple recipe and one that you will really enjoy!

Ingredients

• large jar of applesauce
  • 2 or 3 jars of cinnamon (I buy them at the 99c store!)
  • Christmas cookie cutters
  • Ad
  • a drinking straw

Directions

Pour the jar of applesauce into a bowl and slowly keep mixing in cinnamon until it forms a dough. Sprinkle some cinnamon onto a cutting board or table and roll the dough out at least 1-2 inches thick. Using Christmas cookie cutters, cut out forms (I like gingerbread men the best for this!). Place forms on an ungreased cookie sheet and with the drinking straw, poke a hole on top. Bake on low (250 degrees F) for around an hour or until the forms become a little hard to the touch. Let cool. Tie ribbon through the hole and either hang your cinnamon ornament on your tree or use them on wrapped gifts!

Your kitchen will smell heavenly for days and the ornaments keep their wonderful smell of cinnamon well after the holiday season!

By Sheila from Bayonne, NJ

December 11, 2010 Flag

Ingredients

• Large jar of applesauce
  • Ad
  • 2 or 3 jars of Cinnamon (I buy them at the 99c store!)
  • Christmas cookie cutters
  • A drinking straw

Directions

Your kitchen will smell HEAVENLY for DAYS and the ornaments keep their wonderful smell of cinnamon well after the Holiday season!

By Sheila from Bayonne, NJ

Answers:

Cinnamon Ornaments

Ladies, I'm having a terrible time imagining that applesauce and spice makes a DOUGH? But I'll take your words for it and start watching for 99cent sales on Cinnamon/applesauce. I can't for the life of me figure how/why it would solidify, but I suppose you should know, so I may try it! lol : ) (12/26/2006)

By Lynda

Cinnamon Ornaments

Thank you! I can't wait to try it! (12/10/2007)

By hoptownracer1

December 20, 2006 Flag

I'm getting married in October, and I'm also helping my aunt throw my bridal shower. We are also on a tight budget, and when it came to the bridal shower gifts we had no ideal what to give to all of my guests (approximately 100 guests invited.) We thought about candles or a cookie cutter to give to everyone, but then we still had to include the price of gift wrap. My mom then remembered the cinnamon Christmas tree ornaments that someone gave to her. Let's just say that we made 100 cute cut-out ornaments for around $6.50. I hope this helps everyone!

Cinnamon Ornaments

• 3/4 to 1 cup applesauce
  • 1 (4 1/2 oz.) bottle ground cinnamon

Mix the ingredients together to form a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters.

Make hole for ribbon. Carefully put on rack to dry. Let air dry for several days, turning occasionally.

Makes approximately 12 sweet smelling ornaments.

By Katie Brinkley from Olney, IL

Answers:

Cinnamon Ornaments

What a great idea! (07/22/2006)

By Giggling Frogs

Cinnamon Ornaments

What a wonderful idea! My daughter got married several years ago and we had the same dilemma wish we would have had this idea though!

I will hopefully keep this in my memory for my grand daughters wedding in several more years.

Thanks! (07/23/2006)

By Paula Jo Carr

bell shaped cookie Christmas ornament
Making Cinnamon Applesauce Christmas Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsDecember 20, 2006
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
🎉
🎄