Painting My Cellphone

Does anyone know if nail polish (such as Sally Hansen Hard as Nails) will damage a cell phone? I really want to paint my green phone red, but I don't know if it will do something to the phone and I definitely don't want that!

Heather

It might damage your cell, I wouldn't take a chance on it. Maybe call your Cell Phone Co., they would probably try & sell you another one 'red".

Don't forget Nail Polish will wear off, just like on your real nails.The product wasn't made for your idea.

If you go ahead & paint ~~ Good Luck ~~.

Probably not the best idea. I do have a suggestion though, if your cell phone is boring to you. I have seen, at WalMart, packages of of tiny gemstones, just for decorating your cell phone. I've seen them with the cell phone accessories and also in the craft department. I think they come with 2 colors in each pack, but there were a number of different packages if I recall correctly. I think they come with their own special glue. I've seen someone who had one, and they decorated it in red, white and blue - pretty cool if you like that kind of thing. I myself wouldn't have the patience, but the design would be all yours.

If you have a cell phone contract, that is going to void it for sure.

Anyway, even if you do paint it, the paint will definitely chip off and may even become lodged inside the phone, thereby breaking it. Or in your ear. And you'll have to be very careful about how your clean the phone.

Don't paint your cell phone! I don't know what brand phone you have, but I just got a new Nokia cell and the instructions said in great big letters to not, under any circumstances, paint the phone, that it would damage some of the interior parts and void my warranty!

Try www.cellphoneshop.net. I bought a pink faceplate (many other colors including red available), a hands free apparatus, two car chargers, and a house charger and shipping for a total of $28.29. And I received it all in about 7 business days. I was pleased with my order. Good luck!!!

i had the exact same idea, but i was going to take the original face plate off before i paint it... but yeah i see the point that it would chip and stuff.. what about spray paint???

a friend of mine took the face plate off of the phone and then spray painted it blue..let it dried and then put it back on the phone and it worked fine..no harm to the phone.

i actually painted my cell with nailpolish, and my phone is fine and i did it in june and it's still on with like 1 or 2 chips. anddd it looks really cool.

I painted mine over and over again and i don't no mine hasn't had any trouble and i hope thats how it will stay!

how could paint damage the inside parts if it soesn't touch the insides? i think the companies just say that so you will buy another phone from them. but maybe i'm just too suspicious...

I painted mine with spray paint, a hot pink color. It looks nice & flawless. That was like a couple of years ago. Go ahead try it & make it unique!

My friend has the exact phone as me. Once or twice a month, he has to take it back to the dealership to have them blow the dust out. I don't know what he does, but he gets his phone dusty. The external screen stops working. Can you imagine what would happen if paint settled inside and dried on? You can't blow that stuff out. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Take the thing apart and paint the casing only...don't just lay the phone down on the dining room table, shake your can and start painting. Yeeesh.

I really want to do it. I'm tired of having a silver envy. I want to make it red or hot pink but I'm afraid I'll ruin it what should I do? Help!

I don't think nail polish will hurt your phone, but to keep your phone shiny and bacteria free I found a great product @ www.cellsheen.com try it, I sure like it and it improves the functionality of my touch screen

Crafts AdviceJuly 4, 2006
Woman holding a cell phone.
Switching from Cell Phone Contract to Prepaid
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄