Browsing: Creative Ramen Recipes

Ramen Instead of Spaghetti

Ramen noodles make a great replacement for spaghetti, if you have extra sauce to use up. Just fix according to package directions and drain (don't use seasoning packet). It makes about enough for 2 servings.

By Camilla

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I find spaghetti noodles are really cheap, but in a pinch, they do well for spaghetti

So true about using Ramen Noodles. I save the seasoning packets for use later (bouillon) and I have found that Great Value (Walmart) brand is the cheapest in town. .10 cents a package! I've also made baked spaghetti with Ramen Noodles, and cheesey ramen noodles with the left over cheese packages I used form the macaroni I used for something else. :)

Ramen noodles are also great for making pasta salad!

I assume one would do this to save time? Cooked whole wheat pasta does freeze and keeps in fridge for a while too. Ramen noodles are bleached flour and the "seasoning" packet could be renamed "salt and chemicals".

Sometimes I will fix the ramen noodles and add meat to go with (beef with beef flavored chicken with chicken flavored etc) and a vegetable. Quick and easy.

We love ramen noodles but they are high calorie as they are precooked by frying before they are put in the package. The ones that are not are extremely expensive - about 3.00/noodle package and hard to find. We noticed that the codes on the Great Value (Walmart) seasoning packet and the Top Ramen seasoning packet are the same numbers. Could it be they are made by the same factory??? We only buy the Oriental flavor as they are the only vegetarian ones and my husband has a problem with meat allergies.

Ramen Noodles Being Lifted by Chopsticks
Creative Ramen Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cheap MealsJanuary 19, 2005
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Ramen with Tuna cherry tomatoes and spinich
Ramen Tuna Salad Recipe
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 5:08:12 PM on 10.0.2.49 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.