Kitty Toy Box

I have kitties that love to romp and play after breakfast in the morning. I just couldn't keep them from getting into my trinkets around the house, so I opted to make a simple little toy box from a cardboard box from my local grocery store. I filled it with little toys such as little balls with bells inside, some have soft velvety cloth around the outside in tiger stripes, little toy mice in a six pak, which by the way teaches the little ones to keep the predators away, and they love paper that makes noise rolled up in a ball, and maybe one or two with catnip for a little treat, all of which you can buy at your local grocery store, or WalMart.

You can decorate the outside of a box with your favorite leftover material from old clothing or just plain newspaper with cartoons as they love colors or something soft and velvety if you have older kitties as they like to snuggle, or something of a thick material like a piece of left over carpet which entices the young and old to scratch on and that keeps them from scratching up your home as they like to mark their territory. My kitties love their toy box and the great selection they have to pick from. The downside? You might have to go around and gather them all up, after all their just kids ya know!

By Suzee from Vanderpool, TX

What a great idea. We have chihuahuas and I used a small wheeled carry on made for little kids. Got it at goodwill. I filled it with little soft animal toys and bones. They know it's their toybox and are always playing with it. NO chewing of our stuff..

Only one thing to add: put half the toys in the box, the other half of different toys hidden away from the kitties-every 3-6 months switch the toys and hide the ones they have been using. They will get bored of the same ones after a time unless it is a favorite item.

Black cat with a toy mouse.
Organizing Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysJanuary 6, 2006
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
Making Felt Kitty Ears
Making Felt Kitty Ears
🎉
🎄