Craft Project: Bottle Cap Magnets
These bottle cap magnets are to hang on your fridge. You can design them any way you like, with words or even pictures.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- bottle cap (preferably the metal ones)
- Gorilla glue or glue gun
- magazine clippings or pictures
- acrylic paint
- small magnet
- Paint the bottle cap with your acrylic paint. I usually use a grey acrylic paint or a black one. Paint the inside and outside of the cap. Let dry.
- Glue a magnet on the back of bottle cap. You can get the little circle magnets at dollar stores.
- Place your magazine cut out picture, regular picture, or words inside the bottle cap. Glue them down with Gorilla glue or a glue gun.
- Let dry for about 20 minutes.
- Now you are ready to put them on a magnetic surface.
Note: If you wish to make bigger magnets, you can use jar lids, just use a bigger magnet on the back.
By Rocketrider2011 from IA
July 16, 20110 found this helpful
How clever, useful and Thrifty.
Thanks for sharing this idea.
July 17, 20110 found this helpful
Great idea. I am thinking, however, you might do well not to paint the bottle cap where you will be gluing the magnet. With my luck, I would go to take the bottle cap off the fridge, and the paint would let go and I would be left holding the empty bottle cap!
Makes me think we need to buy some soda pop in the old-fashioned kind of bottles and get some caps! Maybe this is a good excuse to make root beer floats? :) Thanks for sharing!
July 19, 20110 found this helpful
July 20, 20110 found this helpful
I'm gonna do one for my mom. (:
July 23, 20110 found this helpful
Your suggestion of jar lids reminded me of when my eldest was in grade school. His class made gifts by gluing a school picture inside a baby food jar lid. You could do this with your idea and then glue the magnet on the back.
David is 56 and I still have the pic.
July 30, 20110 found this helpful
What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing. =))
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 2:36:07 AM on 10.0.1.150 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us