Using Up Eggnog - Egg Nog French Toast

It's hard to gauge how much food and drink to provide, especially for holiday feasts. After the recent holidays, my family had about a gallon of perfectly good eggnog leftover! I pushed it on every caller, but each was "full up!"

Finally, I added whipped eggs to quite a bit of it and made LOTS of French toast, which I then froze 4 slices to the bag for later consumption. It can be warmed with a double trip through a toaster or on medium heat in a microwave oven.

I also used eggnog in place of the milk called for in my meatloaf recipe and it was fine!

By Janet H.

I have added eggnog in waffles and pancakes, works just fine and doesn't give any great difference in taste. I also have used frozen eggnog. I just thawed only what I needed and then refroze the rest.

I like the french toast idea, though. I have some eggnog in the freezer that just might get used one of these days for that.

i made an eggnog pie. instead of using milk in the instant pudding i used eggnog. just put it in the graham cracker crust. voila. it was delich. such a hit i made another

French toast.
French Toast Recipes
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsJanuary 13, 2005
overnight french toast
Overnight French Toast Casserole
Banana French Toast
Banana French Toast Recipes
Sugar Free Eggnog
Sugar Free Eggnog Recipes