Mark Where Seeds are Planted

After my garden is tilled, quite a few rocks get dug up. If they are about the size of a fist, I put one at each end of each row of seeds planted or in the middle of a hill of squash to mark the spot. They can easily be removed once the plants come up. I also make map of the garden on a piece of paper and note where I planted beans, onions, etc. in case I need to refer to it as the rocks don't indicate that. The rocks are handy, don't require pounding a stake into the ground, and stay where you put them.

By Judy from Valley City, ND

I love your idea and would do it, except, we have a Labrador Retriever who so enjoys picking up rocks, carrying them around, then dropping them in different places. Mowing day is trouble of its own kind, LuLu's hobby would just add much confusion for where the garden is located. Enjoy your garden!

Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsAugust 12, 2010
Organizing Seeds
Organizing Seeds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
A large willow tree.
Solutions for a Willow Tree Planted Too Close to a Home