Ideas for a Black, White and Red Wedding

Is anyone selling damask items for a wedding? Does anyone know where I can find ideas for a black and white wedding, with a touch of red?

By KathieR from Middletown, NY

My best friend just had a wedding with the same colors less than two weeks ago! And my wedding, 14 years ago, was black with white and a few little touches of red. :-)

What kind of ideas are you looking for? One thing that I thought was cute at my friend's wedding was the little heart-shaped containers with filled with personalized M&Ms. Are you wanting to make things (decorations, favors, etc.) yourself or purchase ready-made items? Best of luck -- I'm sure you'll have a wonderful wedding!

There is some on the $1 fabric table at walmart. They sell the B&W damask fabric, and you probably could buy that print in sheet sets too. And you could use those as the fabrics for the tables then just add red flowers for your red color.

I don't know of any ready-made items, but I strongly suggest having a primarily black and white wedding with red flowers (roses seem a natural choice) as others suggested, and using the damask as accents, because it's a big print that can be overwhelming in large doses. Make your own black and white damask print accents whenever possible because wedding stuff is expensive. Here's some ideas:

-- Search for black and white clip art on www.Office.Microsoft.Com using key words like "flourish," "fleur de lis," and "scroll." You could use a plain invitation kit and print a band of damask or just one accent at the top, and use red ribbon for a little color. These would also work well for favor tags, menu cards, or stenciling a custom aisle runner.

-- Also check Hobby Lobby and Michael's craft stores for damask print scrapbooking paper and stamps.

-- Look for black and white damask print tableclothes (even vinyl ones would work) or bedsheets online, and have someone cut them in table runners and finish the edges with a sewing machine. These could be used under food trays at the reception, accenting the cake table, and over the white tableclothes at individual tables where people eat.

-- Google "black and white damask wedding" to see examples of what others have done and learn where they bought certain items if you don't feel comfortable with your DIY skills.

Weddings AdviceMay 28, 2009
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 1:18:30 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.