Daughter Bitten by Unknown Bugs

My 3 year old daughter keeps getting bitten, in the house, sometimes at night, sometimes during the day, by unseen, unknown bugs! They are very red, and incredibly itchy. She is miserable, and as she itches, the bites becomes huge lumps and welts, and even sometimes have a red ring around them. She will get 8 to 10 at a time. First, how do I help her itching, and secondly, how do I get rid of any bugs in the house? What can I use that is a natural product? We are very conscious of chemicals and pesticides and don't want the effects of those around our daughter either!
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Beth :)

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am also experiencing this!? What the heck is it? Does any one know?

Sea water!!! spary it on your body and the little girl too it will smooth u and you will feel better ,yet it does not cure do not drink or spary eyes but spay bedding too; listen this will soon come to an end for to many people!e are getting it ! In the meanwhile try stop skin mites.com she cost to help but if it can cure u ...my help is free and so sea water may u rest peacefully

Hey,

I have been fighting the same type of bites. I thought at first it might be bed bugs but had my house checked and it was not. Know I think it was some type of mites or scabies...So I started researching just like everyone else. I came across http://tinyurl.com/754e8lv (Tea Tree Oil).

I am very skeptical about everything I do not know about, but since the bites kept coming and I did not want or have the money to go see the doctor, I tried it. It's not too expensive and it works! I read a post were someone said to take a bath and put about 20 drops in the bath and bath for 20 minutes or so.

I did this the first time. It was good, but not strong enough for me. I did some more research and read that Tea Tree Oil is one of the only 100% concentrated oils that is safe to apply directly. Now I do not recommend it for all as it is strong and you will feel a slight burning sensation, but wow. So what I do is shower and scrub with soap. Then rinse and fill the tub half way or so. Put in 40 drops or so or just apply directly (100%) to my bites. I usually do not even rinse again as the oil acts as a repellant after it dries.

It has been two weeks, no new bits and the old bites are all healing. You will see that Tea Tree oil treats many things besides killing mites. Acne, fungal stuff, etc. I highly recommend it. I am not a doctor and am not claiming to be. I just want to share my success as those of us that have had these horrible experiences know just how bad life can get.

There are other size bottles available, but I have used thee one ounce bottles already, so four ounces seems to be the way to go.

Take care and give it a try you will not be disappointed!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

January 11, 2011 Flag

Help, my 3 year old daughter keeps getting bitten, in the house, sometimes at night, sometimes during the day,

by unseen, unknown bugs! They are very red, and incredibly itchy. She is miserable, and as she itches,

the bites become huge lumps and welts, and even sometimes have a red ring around them. She will get 8 to

10 at a time. First, how do I help her itching, and secondly, how do I get rid of any bugs in the house?

What can I use that is a natural product? We are very conscious of chemicals and pesticides and don't

want the effects of those around our daughter either!
Any help would be very much appreciated!<br

/>Beth :)

Answers:

My daughter is being bitten by unknown bugs!

Do you have a pet? It may be flea bites. They usually bite about 3 times in the same area. If you have

carpet, put salt or borax on the floor and around the baseboards. Let it sit (overnight would be great)

then clean it up. Vacuum your sofa and mattresses and chairs. Treat the pets with a good flea bath or

behind the neck medication. Do this again in about 2 weeks as flea eggs will be hatching again. Try

Calamine lotion on your child's bites and cool baths, not warm or hot ones. Good luck! (07/09/2004)

By Caima

My guess would be bed bugs. I've read a couple of recent articles stating that they're making a

comeback. They're about lentil-sized and are reddish-brown. If that's what you have, do a search to

find the best way to get rid of them; I know it involves washing and sterilizing all the bedding, but I

don't remember the particulars or the magazines where I read the article. Good luck. (07/09/2004)

By NHdoubleK

They might be chiggers. Do a search on the internet for chiggers and you will find all kinds of info and

you should be able to tell by the article if that is what she has. (07/09/2004)

By Kathy

My first thought was bed bugs also, and there's a way to get rid of them without chemicals that is safe

for pets and kids, too. Wash all the linens, pillows, and loose rugs in the house. Then close up the

rooms and leave only one window open in each room. Put fresh thyme in the corners of the rooms and on the

furniture. (I actually used dried herbs and it worked fine.) If it's bed bugs, they will be gone by the

end of the day.

I would, however, take her to see a doctor. I rarely take my kids, but my son had something similar

when he was about 7 and it was scabies which requires some serious topical stuff. He apparently got it at

a sleepover.

Chiggers, by the way, will go away by themselves and need to live outdoors so it's unlikely that they

are in the house. (if she's getting bitten at night.)

Whatever it is, she must be encouraged not to scratch. She'll prolong chigger infestation in the skin

(they live in the bumps), spread the scabies, or otherwise infect the bites.

Also have your doctor check for ringworm if there's a red ring forming. (07/09/2004)

By Allison

Put fingernail polish over the chigger bite. The head of a chigger lives under the skin. The nail

polish smothers the chigger. (07/11/2004)

By Ellen

My elderly mother had the same problem. I discovered that a bird had built a nest in her air conditioner

housing and it was blowing bird mites all through the house. They were eating her alive. They were barely

visible. I scrubbed her from head to toe with a prescription dog shampoo for mites and fleas, set off

insect bombs in the house, and removed the bird nest from the air conditioner. I bought a generic itch

lotion that reminded me of aloe vera. If you have a bird in the house, it might be mites. (07/11/2004)

By Marti

Having her soak in a lukewarm bath with Aveeno oatmeal soak will help with the itching (ask at your

pharmacy, no prescription needed, but it's a little pricey). You could also, more cheaply, dissolve

baking soda into a lukewarm bath, that helps soothe itching, too. Believe it or not, making a paste of

meat tenderizer and water, and applying it directly to the bites, can also soothe itching (it's what

lifeguards use for jellyfish stings). (07/15/2004)

By Becki in IN

My mother had a 'unseen' bug problem too, but just at night. Her dh was not getting bitten.
She searched her bedroom and finally solved it after taking a dried flower arrangement above her bed

outside and shaking it over white paper. It turns out it was full of tiny red bugs! After cleaning the

bedroom she didn't have another bite.
(08/20/2004)

By Lisa

Here in rural California, in early summer, we get "no-see-ums." They are so tiny you can barely see them

(hence the name). The ones that attack us live in grass or fields, but I think there are different kinds.

Their bites are fierce! I'm fairly tolerant of insect bites and even I will itch like mad for several

days; for my husband and kids, they are really tortured. I've read it can be a serious problem for

livestock because horses and cows will rub themselves raw trying to relieve the itch of these bites. The

no-see-ums we get die out after we have a couple of 100 degree days in a row.

For itch relief, we have had some success with product called "Olbas Oil." It doesn't say anything

about stopping itches, it's a menthol-y inhalant, but the lady at the health food store recommended it

and it seems to help. Also, we accidentally discovered that Tom's Baking Soda Toothpaste seems to help.

(Before we tried the Olbas, I went stumbling in the night for the cortisone cream to put on my daughter,

then in the morning I couldn't find my toothpaste!) also, when really desperate, we have tried benadryl

too. At least it makes them so sleepy they can't scratch holes in themselves. (09/21/2004)

By E

Get Prednisone

After scratching for two weeks, I finally went to the doctor for little red spots/bites around my ankle.

My doctor believed it was bug bites (I think it was chiggers). She prescribed prednisone and

it started to clear up in 2 days. Don't suffer. Go to your doctor. And the medication is very

inexpensive. I paid around $3.00 for a week's prescription.

If you can't make it to the doctor, fingernail polish seems to work also. Just dab a little bit on and

use the blowdryer at the highest heat you can stand. It will really help to take the itch away.

(10/06/2005)

By Laura

I have the same exact thing. I strongly think they are beg bugs. Don't let your daughter sleep in her bed

tonight. And at like 8 or 9 o clock at night go in her room with a flash light and you would be able to

see them crawling on her bed if they are bed bugs. What you need to do is buy Bug Out. Use the three cans

in her room. Take the sheets and pillow cases, spread, then box spring and the mattress apart. Then leave

the bottles in there for at least two days. Then move her whole room around clean the floor, all the

clothes that were in her room her closet, absolutely "everything" in there. Then put new sheets on her

bed and everything should be OK.

Good luck.
Hope everything works out good (06/25/2006)

By Alicia

I was wondering if it could be spiders? I have had similar episodes and the next day turned the furniture

stand next to the bed upside down. There were fine webs and small, long legged spiders. I have also swept

all the areas under each piece in the room, windows, bookcases, etc. Tea tree oil soothes these bites.

Perhaps you could try spraying a solution of the oil mixed with some water on the bed linens. I know this

keeps insects in motels from being bothersome whenever we have traveled. I know how important it is to

use nontoxic agents. I use nothing, but in our home because my body reacts to others. I would never use

bleach or nail polish directly on the skin. In less than 30 minutes those enter every organ through your

skin. I never knew this information, but actually have seen my health improve by ridding them from use.

That's why transdermal patches are used for quit smoking, nausea, hormone replacement, etc. (09/27/2007)

By Ladybugv2

It may be fleas or bed bugs, fleas will bite all day and bed bugs only at night. The bite itch is very

intense from both, the flea bite will heal quite fast. Bed bug bite marks will stay for months and appear

dark. Remember there are diseases that can be passed through infestation of either,
consult with your doctor. Good luck. (12/09/2007)

By pepperjack

My little girl was also getting bitten by unknown creepies, we knew it wasn't fleas as we have no pets

and checked for bed bugs and couldn't find anything. So we all went to doctor's as we all started

itching, we kept feeling like we were being bitten, but when we looked there was no bug. There just an

itch that turned into a spot all over our bodies, and it turned out to be scabies. I was so shocked, as I

thought you had to be dirty to catch something like that, which is not the case. After being diagnosed

with this, I realized I had been in contact with someone who had scabies and that's probably how we got

it. We had to apply cream all over our bodies and are now itch free. I would have never thought it could

have been that. If your having similar problems go to your doctor. (10/06/2010)

By jayne1972

Bug Bites
Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJuly 8, 2004
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 7:02:02 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.