Browsing: Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits

Keeping Fountains Free of Water Deposits

I have several indoor water fountains. It is not practical to use distilled water because I go through a couple gallons a day. Is there any way to keep these clean, free of water deposits, short of tearing them down and scrubbing them every week.. Thanks! Debby

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You could try running the water through one of the filter pitchers that are available at Lowe's, Walmart etc. Their are several brands. Pur is one that comes to mind as I have that brand attached to my kitchen cold water faucet. Or if you use a dehumidifier in your house, the water collected there might be more pure than tap water.

Harlean from Arkansas.

Try adding some vinegar to your water each day. That works to clean the coffee pots when it's built up...so maybe some added to the water would PREVENT the build up...

I add a cap full of bleach once a week no deposits and it smell like I have been cleaning..lol

:)

Brita also has a faucet attachment that is good for 1000 gallons-yes, 1000. Compare to the cost of distilled.

I have 2 fountains that I use often and we have hard water also,so I use half water and half vinegar in mine and it keeps the scale and scum out.

I have a garden fauntain too, probably 50 gallons total. I had been dealing with the white build up too. Do you think I can use vinegar in mine and how much. The water splashes so, I need to replace some of the water evryday.

Thanks...

Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 7, 2005
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Water Heater
Removing Calcium Deposits in a Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:25:55 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.