Using the Amount on the Box or Bottle

When doing laundry, you only need to use about half the amount of soap that the box or bottle calls for to get your clothes clean. More soap can gunk up your washer and doesn't always rinse properly out of your clothes, leaving an unsightly build-up.

By Robin

You are so right. Both my son and I kept having rashes and itching like crazy, but after I started using almost half the amount of detergent and allowing our clothes to soak for 90 minutes before completing the wash cycle we have been rash and itch free. Great post. Thanks

Hi! Soapy water was backing up in my drain during the rinse cycle, untill i started using less soap in the it does'nt anymore. It also saves money! :) Aeromama

Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 28, 2004
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Hand pouring powdered laundry detergent into washing machine using pink scoop
Emergency Laundry Detergent Substitutions