In Need of Coffee Cans

I'm in need of 4 - 3lb and 1lb metal coffee cans. I am the leader of a girl scout troop and we need them for a project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Julie from JC, Missouri

Ask a local restaurant. Most would be glad to help out.

Check with your local Public School. I've been able to get a lot of cans from the kitchen staff. They throw them away DAILY!

I went to the local hot dog stand they were glad to get rid of some cans. I also used larger ones, from ketchup, mustard, etc. These made great projects for my girl scout troop. Parents are also a good source, I always ask for things I will need that won't cost the parents anything. I let them know a couple meeting in advance.

Look in Your local shopper for benefits and such going on during the weekend. If there is food served theres sure to be coffee and tea served. Then call the # and ask for the cans.

Find the group "Freecycle.org" join your local group and ask people in your geographical area.

POST A NOTE AT THE LOCAL SUPER MKT. YOU'LL ENOGH PRETTY SOON TO CASH IN FOR 'CASH' AT THE SCRAP YARD !!! ALSO,..MAYBE THE LOCAL CHURCHS TOO !! OR...THE LOCAL 'POLICE STATION' ???? NO PUN INTENEDED!

~OOO~

You might also try calling a couple of local taverns. My father in law aquired several in a short amount of time for our cub scout troop. Good Luck!

You might give a call to your local Transit authority and trucking companies. As a Transit driver we drink lots of coffee and have lots of cans to dispose of. You might even check with your local Fire Department and Police Departments.