Pet Hair on Microfiber

My husband and I just bought a really nice sectional. I do not know if it is suede or micro fiber. It's pretty that's all I know. Anyway, my beagle keeps getting on the furniture when we are gone or at night when we sleep. I keep finding dog hair on it. Does anyone know how to deter a pet from getting on furniture? If not, what is a good way to get dog hair off other than the vacuum or lint roller? I would hate to kick the dog outside, but this is expensive furniture and she knows she is not supposed to be on it. Please help.

Elizabeth from Lebanon, MO

This isn't a way to remove hair from microfiber - but a training technique that may help you keep her off the couch in the long run. Put several pennies in an empty soda can and tape the opening shut. Anytime your dog does something (like jump on the furniture) that she isn't supposed to do - say NO! and pick up the can and shake it loudly! It probably won't take too long to break them of the bad habit.

I use a lot of those micro fiber cleaning cloths. I don't know if it's the same material. I've never seen furniture with the stuff on it, but with the cloths. I'd use one of those lint brushes called a miracle brush. I think. They have been around a long time. You know, the kind where you brush one way & it gets the lint & brush the other way & the lint comes off. Hope this helps.

I don't have microfiber but with 4 dogs and 4 cats, I gave up on the pet hair problem long ago; I put a pretty throw on each and toss them in the laundry periodically. That's the easy way out.

Go to Flylady.net and order the rubba scrubba. It's great.

The rubber hair remover at WalMart works great or else as the last person leaves the living room, area throw a sheet over couch. Ahhh please, don't put doggie outside it gets too cold and doggie just needs to know that couch is not ok for him to be on.

My poo-bischon mix lives on couch. He is not a shedder but even if he were I would prefer him to any furniture. He is my friend and had been abused. He is one sweet doggie.

Good luck.

Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 19, 2008
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄