Use Rubber Bands to Keep Tools from Slipping

To keep tools from slipping in your hands, wrap those free rubber bands that come on vegetables or newspapers around the handle. It really makes for a good grip and sure a lot cheaper than the liquid you can buy for the purpose. When working on a roof, it keeps them from sliding also. I also use them on cans of aerosol hairspray, my hands seem to slip when I push the button.

By latrtatr

That's a great idea because it just made me think that's what I can do to keep my hand-held shower from being so slippery! It doesn't have a rubber grip on the handle and I needed help to keep it in my soapy hand without having it keep twisting around! Thanks a bunch! I'm saying "Why didn't I think of that?!" :D

I use a heavy rubber band to "extend" the waistband of a favorite denim skirt. I just loop it through the buttonhole and catch it like you would on a latch hook project. Then loop it on the button. I also used a rubber band from a bunch of celery to wind around a percolator cord that is too long. Just fold it to proper length and wind the rubber band around it.

Love this idea! I'd be more likely to use one of those heavy rubber bands on my shampoo bottles. I get tired of the darn things slipping out of my hands - it's hard on the lid when it happens at the wrong moment!

Thanks for the great tips on rubberbands, most of all the hair spray cans, shampoo, conditioner and liquid soap. I am handicapped on my left side and these tips will come in handy for me.

Thanks again Wilma J.

Home and Garden Home Improvement ToolsJanuary 19, 2011
Uses for Rubber Bands
Uses for Rubber Bands
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps