Browsing: Learning Sign Language

Printable Version Of O Holy Night In Sign Language

I am getting ready for Christmas. I would like to present O Holy Night in sign language to my family for their gift. It would be free pretty much if I could find the words that I could print on printer. Does anyone know how I could do that? I do have a sign language book but then I would have to use a copier. I just see that as very difficult. Thanks in advance.

Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi there! That's a great idea!

Just type them up using a sign language font instead of regular words.

There are some great ones located here:

http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada/fonts/asl.html

Make an "original" of what you want using a copier & the sign language images from your book, if you cannot find the sign language images online to insert into your text or a translator program to print the sign words for you. Then scan the "original" into your computer & print them.

There is a website where you can get the sheet music to just about any song. Not sure of the exact website, but you could google Sheet music and get it I think.

The problem with just copying the hand signs is they may not be a true representation of the word. An example: If you want to convey the word "job," it would be spelled, J-O-B. But its hand sign is very different--it is only one sign, not the three individual signs for the letters. True signing has individual signs that carry the meaning of specific words, so one rarely spells words out. If you spelled out each individual word, it would be inaccurate signing.

The construction of phrases isn't the English form either. It is actually the French form, where the noun comes last. Example: If you want to ask someone their name, you would not spell out "w-h-a-t i-s y-o-u-r n-a-m-e?" or sign, "What is your name?", but rather give the three individual signs for "you-name-what."

Signing changes in differing geographic locations too, although the signs may be related to each other. To make matters worse, people use different types of signs depending on how they were raised. Some methods of signing are totally different, making communication difficult to impossible for even experienced signers. Your best bet would be to use standard American Sign Language.

As a sign language interpreter I recommend to first know what from of signing they use, such as a.s.l. or e s.l. and then go look it up on the American sign language website.

good luck

Sandy here. I would like this to be very simple. this is not going to be presented to deaf people. I would just like to do something special. I am sort of familiar with asl. so I figure that is what I would use. I used to dance in a church group. physically I am unable to do that right now but I could sign. I have tried going to the website at oregon university. I find lots of descriptions but nothing on how to type out the pictures.

We are getting ready for Christmas at our church and we were wanting to present the song we three kings in sign language, but havent been able to find it. If you have a version that is free, that I can print off, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Woman Teaching Sign Language
Learning Sign Language
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceAugust 15, 2007
Printable advent calendar.
Printable Advent Calendars
Printable Sudoku
Finding Printable Games
A cat looking up and meowing.
Communicating With Your Cat
Applique Patterns
Printable Applique Patterns
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:56:26 PM on 10.0.1.143 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.