Home Remedy for Mosquitoes

Is there a home remedy for mosquitoes?

Larry from Sterling Heights

I just read on another "help" site that spraying mouth wash listerine will kill the little pests. Do not spray on wood work or wood floors. They said it really repells them, spray around on outside ground also.............bernie

Installing bat houses on your property to encourage bats is recommended. "Bats are the only major predator of nocturnal flying insects. Bats often eat more than 50% of their body weight in insects each night and nursing female bats eat enough insects to equal their body weight. This can result in a single bat eating over 4,500 insects in a single night! Because bats eat so many insects, they are a very important part of our ecosystem."

Installing bird feeders and bird baths to sncourage birds that also eats insects is recommended.

Make sure there are no stray cats out to kill the unsuspecting birds. It is heartbreaking to pick up dead birds at the bird bath.

I have also heard of the Listerine method. The generic is supposed to work as well.

Don't forget the citronella plant, also known as mosquito plant. If you have gardens or flowerbeds around your house, plant some in them and you can even have them in pots inside too. It is very effective and smells lovely.

Bounce Fabric Sheets are said to be a good insect repellent! I used them last summer, put them in the 'pockets' on the side of my yard swing down by our pond, and I do think it helped! I don't remember being invaded with mosquitoes!

Try using the herb Rosemary. You can get small potted plants of it at the nursery and set them around your swings. Our plant is in the ground, an evergreen, and huge. We break off small branches and rub it on our skin. Repels insects!

Make Your Own MiscellaneousMarch 11, 2008
Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
backyard pond
Keeping Mosquitoes Out of a Pond
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🎉
🎄