Adding Padding to Antique Chairs

I need some advice. Somehow I have been talked into recovering the seats of antique chairs. The woman wants to add padding and pick out the fabric which she would like to be easy to clean. I've never done this but seen it done on TV all the time. Can anyone help me? She somehow thinks I am an expert on this and I am not!

Help!

Hairyjoe from Port Clinton, OH

Answers

Are the seats removable?

If so, it will be a cinch!

Make sure you take the padding around the edges to soften it. And just work the fabric a little at a time so there is no wrinkles and staple underneath. Try looking on the Martha Stewart site. I seen on there one time , with pictures, how she did some. Or even the HGTV site might have something with details.

Good luck! But remember, have fun and think of how happy this will make your friend!!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingApril 25, 2006
Carpet
Uses for Carpet Padding
Walker Grips
Adding Padding to Walker Grips
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Vinyl Chair
Drying Padding Inside Vinyl Covered Chairs
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:53:03 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.