Advice On Moving Outdoor Plants From Alaska To Colorado

I am selling my house and eventually moving into another house. I would like to take some of my outside plants with me. However, I will probably live in an apartment for about 6 months to a year before I find another house. Can I plant a Peonia into a pot and keep it indoors until I can return to a more permanent outside garden? Also, what about a Bleeding heart? I tried to winter a Bleeding Heart last year, by putting it in a semi-dark, cool room and sprinkling it lightly with water every now and then, but it didn't make it. One more question: I may move from Alaska(zone 5-6) to Colorado(zone 4-7), Can you take a piece of the root of the above mentioned plants and still have success re-growing? How.

Mary

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Woman Moving With Houseplants
Moving With Houseplants
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthAugust 10, 2007
Celestial Seasonings 2
Colorado Factory Tours
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Alaska Christmas Charities
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Colorado Christmas Charities
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:35:34 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.