Diet that is Lowfat and Low-Carb

I am looking for recipes that fit with both low-carb and lowfat lifestyles. My honey and I both lost 60+ lbs doing the low-carb thing but after a recent sickness, I must now do lowfat. Any ideas will be very appreciated.

Annie from Williamsport, PA

Here are some healthy tips:

un-buttered air-popped popcorn.

drink plenty of water so you're not tempted to snack.

use a fine quality cooking oil instead of butter...you need less of it and it's healthier for you.

Mixed-meals like Stir-Fry and Shepherd's pie fill you up faster, and you don't have to worry about 'portions' because with every one serving of shepherd's pie you're getting veggies and meat together, no worrying about eating veggies separate.

Celery. Tricks your body into thinking it's being spoiled, only without all the fat.

Peanut butter in smaller amounts is healthy because of the proteins that build up your system to fight diseases.

Nutritional supplements, if you eat a good amount but still aren't getting what you need.

A treat once in a while is also healthy, to keep yourself from going on binges.

Eat breakfast in the morning to get your system revved up and ready to go. It not only puts energy in you, but also puts the digestive system to work earlier in the day to have time to digest food properly.

Avoid really cold beverages right before or during a meal, as this numbs your stomach so you eat more than is necessary.

I hope these tips helped!

Substitute reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese for regular Colby or mild cheddar, and you'll want to use less as sprinkles rather than whole pieces.

Dairy products' fat can be reduced by using nonfat "half & half", nonfat or Neuchatel cheese rather than cream cheese, 1% milk rather than full fat milk.

A little bit of animal fat is good for you, so don't avoid it altogether.

Hi, Continue with your low carb, but choose lean protein instead of fatty proteins. Some chicken can have lots of fat, so you need to watch what you are buying. You can get low fat cheese too. I switched to light soy milk which is also very low carb. I thought it would taste awful, but it doesn't. Use it to cook with, or make shakes with, or as a drink if you want, but it costs more that regular milk. Make your own salad dressing. Most commercial dressings have too much fat, sugar, or salt. I found a low carb mix that might help you. It is called Carbquik. It is a low carb version of Bisquick. I buy it on the internet in the 3 lb. box. It has 90 calories, 6 g of fat, 16 g carbs, but subtract 14 g fiber. It also has 6 g protein per serving, so this is pretty good. You can make lots of different things with it. Hope this helps. Loretta

i follow a lowfat diet too and have a recipe for dessert to share with you.

1 spice cake mix {duncan hines}

3 whole eggs or eggbeaters to equal3

1 can of sugar free apple pie filling

mix and bake as per directions on box

you can frost with fat free cool whip or sugar free applesauce