Book Learning

There's an old story in my family how my father got his first job after WWII by cramming the weekend before from a book he got from the public library! (He went to classes later, but that weekend of cramming got him in -)

It was a good lesson to us about how you could get vital knowledge from a book somewhere if you looked hard enough for the right one. And nowadays, finding that book is easier than ever with internet resources.

You have access to the best specialists in the world in any given field through their books and books about them. Take advantage of that knowledge, free if you get it from a library, to bone up on important issues in your life, from medical to legal.

The time spent pays off in the long run. It did for my Dad.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

I'm glad you mentioned reading medical information. I resolved a digestion problem with information from the Internet when my doctor couldn't help me. Friends and relatives have similar stories! (Disclaimer: Please consult a health professional for any serious disorders!)

Better Living Self ImprovementFebruary 13, 2007
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Fabric Book Page Weight
Making a Fabric Book Page Weight
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl
🎄