Keep a Shopping List on Your Computer

I keep a running list on my computer and update it every time I go shopping. It has 5 columns on it: Date

• Item (including brand name)
  • Size
  • Price
  • Store

This helps me in 2 ways. First, it helps me to know how much I have to spend the next time out. Plus it helps me remember what brands to get and where. It also helps me keep track of the rise and fall of prices.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

• Comments

I do too. It sure takes a lot of the work out of being frugal these days and doesn't take much time. I put mine in Excel and have several different sheets in the file. One for prices month to month, one for a shopping list that I use and change each week along with a coupon list, another for supplies I have and that need to be renewed like an ongoing inventory, another for the fall when I buy produce to dry, freeze and roast.

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingSeptember 8, 2009
    A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
    Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
    Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
    Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
    A stack of CDs or DVDs
    Saving Money On Computer Software
    Creating a Christmas List
    Creating a Christmas List
    🍀
    💘
    © 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:41:11 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.