Cleaning My Leather Chair Removed Some of the Dye - Categories:

ChairsFurniture

Cleaning My Leather Chair Removed Some of the Dye

I cleaned the arm of my brown (real) leather chair and now the area I cleaned is a lighter color than the rest of it. It's fairly new and a good quality chair (BarcaLounger). Does anyone know how I can darken that area up a little?

By Patty J.

Why not just clean the rest of it, that way the color will be the same all over.

Hi - your best bet is to go on line to Barcalounger web site and there may be FAQ or a way to contact them for help.

If nothing else, maybe shoe polish?

I have mixed up instant coffee with some hot water, a little at a time, making a paste. I've used this to stain old wooden frames I got from a thrift shop. I think you could do this or use some tea to stain it back to it's original color.