Cleaning My Leather Chair Removed Some of the Dye

I cleaned the arm of my brown (real) leather chair and now the area I cleaned is a lighter color than the rest of it. It's fairly new and a good quality chair (BarcaLounger). Does anyone know how I can darken that area up a little?

By Patty J.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Why not just clean the rest of it, that way the color will be the same all over.

Hi - your best bet is to go on line to Barcalounger web site and there may be FAQ or a way to contact them for help.

If nothing else, maybe shoe polish?

I have mixed up instant coffee with some hot water, a little at a time, making a paste. I've used this to stain old wooden frames I got from a thrift shop. I think you could do this or use some tea to stain it back to it's original color.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsJuly 5, 2011
Light colored leather couch.
Removing Fabric Dye from a Leather Couch
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:12:13 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.