Browsing: Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door

Mounting a Curtain Rod on a Steel Door

ThriftyFun.com Staff

We've just installed a beautiful new kitchen door. The old door was wood, but my new one is metal. Any suggestions for mounting a curtain rod? I'd rather not drill holes for screws if I can help it because then I'm limited to only one style of rod/curtain. Are there any extra strong suction cups out there that I can use? I'd appreciate any helpful hints/ideas that you can give me. Thanks so much!

Deb from Monroe, CT

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Newell Rubbermaid makes a brass cafe curtain rod that attaches by magnet to metal doors or walls. It adjusts from 16 to 28 inches wide. You can find them at WalMart, K-Mart or Lowes in the regular curtain rod area.

Dineen - Burien, WA, KC - Austin, TX, Pat and Julia

(Recommended magnetic rods, too) To make the curtain fit and look right, you may have to get out your sewing kit and make them fit your curtain. You may have to readjust the ends of your valance or curtain to cover the magnetic part of the rod.

Mary

It seems like I recall sometime ago that they had magnetic curtain rods for what you are trying to do. If you can't find any, put your imagination to work and maybe you can make your own out of "extra strong" magnets.

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

To attach a curtain to a metal door you can do one of two things. First, there are curtain rods that have magnets on them made specifically for metal doors. A second option is to cover the window itself with a new type of contact paper made for windows. I've seen them in lace like patterns. Either choice can be found at your local home store.

Christin - Silverdale, WA

I also have metal doors with windows in my house. I bought some attractive print fabric and two springloaded curtain rods. I set the rods to fit across the window...top and bottom, and hemmed the fabric on two sides which creates a tube to insert the rods. I used fabric that measured one and a half times the width of the window so that it was gathered on the rods. Looks nice and affords privacy. Or if you want more light, tie it in the middle with a ribbon. Very inexpensive curtain.

Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsOctober 20, 2000
Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning Metal
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:22:34 AM on 10.0.2.9 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.